Data and Information
The Data and Information category provides funding links to Web sites focusing on collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data, metadata, and spatial data. These links are organized in three groups:
- The Cooperative Institute for Coastal and Estuarine Environmental Technology (CICEET) is a joint partnership between NOAA and the University of New Hampshire. CICEET uses the capabilities of the university and those of the Great Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, as well as the other 24 reserves in the National Estuarine Research Reserve System (NERRS) to develop and apply new environmental technologies and techniques. CICEET funds research projects that address high-priority issues facing today's coastal and estuarine resource managers.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program is a program designed to encourage state and other partners' data-integration efforts. Funding will be provided through grants to states, the District of Columbia, trust territories, and federally recognized Indian tribes for capacity-building capabilities.
- The United States Geological Survey (USGS) Web site maintains current opportunities for Grants Information in the area of hazards, data and information, and more. Check out USGS, grants and federal assistance, to find information on the forms required and guidelines for submitting unsolicited proposals.
- The Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) Conservation Program offers sources of technical and other assistance to create and develop spatial analysis, computer mapping, and geographic information systems (GIS) capabilities among nonprofit organizations and individual projects of all sizes and types worldwide.
- The Foundation Center is an independent, nonprofit clearinghouse that disseminates information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects. This Web site provides a Request for Proposals Bulletin, which is a searchable list highlighting proposal requests by topic that is updated weekly.