This tool supports users undertaking a community-based approach to assessing coastal hazard risks and vulnerabilities by providing maps that show people, places, and natural resources exposed to coastal flooding. This product is based on knowledge and experiences the Office for Coastal Management has in community-based risk and vulnerability assessments.
The current geography includes the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico.
- Allows users to select a location and explore maps that show people, places, and natural resources exposed to coastal flood hazards
- Creates a collection of maps to download or share online to communicate flood exposure
- Provides guidance for using the maps to engage community members and stakeholders in conversations about potential coastal flood impacts
- Offers access to map services and tips on using them in an online mapping platform
- Access the map services and data used in the tool
- The current geography includes most of the Hurricane Sandy impact area (coastal counties of Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York). Expansion plans are underway for the rest of the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico.
- For technical assistance, or to let us know how you are using the mapper, email firstname.lastname@example.org.