A comprehensive and cohesive planning approach for adapting to sea level rise and coastal flooding will pay great dividends. Most importantly, the community will evolve to be in a better position to thrive in the face of coastal hazards. Other benefits include reduced duplication of effort, lowered potential for policy conflicts, streamlined public outreach, and increased eligibility for implementation funding. While designed for California, the concepts are applicable to communities in other states.
View the online version of this resource at ResilientCA.org or request a hard copy.
- California Coastal Commission
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- California Governor's Office of Planning and Research
- California State Coastal Conservancy
- California Ocean Protection Council
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- NOAA Office for Coastal Management
- U.S. Geological Survey