This one-and-a-half-hour, interactive course introduces participants to an effective approach for coastal management projects to influence the way people interact with their environment. Community-based social marketing uses a five-step approach and a set of tools to elicit behavior change in specific audiences in order to address environmental and social problems.
To host this virtual course, contact us at email@example.com.
- Identify the steps involved in community-based social marketing projects
- Describe how the approach can improve project design
- Practice applying the first three steps of the method
- Explain key considerations in applying steps 4 and 5, piloting and implementing the strategy
- Describe common tools used in this approach to foster behavior change
- Become familiar with examples of social marketing applied to coastal management issues
- Internet connection
- Headset, or speakers and a microphone
- Access to Google Meet or Adobe Connect
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers one-and-a-half hours of continuing education credits through the American Institute of Certified Planners and one hour for Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.