Seven Best Practices for Risk Communication (Self-guided Module)
Whether beginning a new effort or trying to keep people motivated to better prepare for future hazards, applying risk communication principles will lead to more effective results. This self-guided module introduces seven best practices, numerous techniques, and examples to help you improve your communication efforts. Knowledge checks and a final quiz are included to help you retain what you learn.
You will learn how to
- Apply seven risk communication best practices and techniques
- Recognize differing values and identify how and why people perceive and respond to risks the way they do
- Adapt successful strategies from case studies of peers who have applied these best practices and techniques
- Internet and speakers
Continuing Education Credits
One hour of certification maintenance credits for this course has been approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners.
- For a live, interactive experience with the added benefit of insights from your peers, participate in the Seven Best Practices for Risk Communication webinar.
- Watch risk communication expert Dennis Mileti explain the biggest mistake in risk communication.