Seven Best Practices for Risk Communication
Understanding risk is a key component for initiatives focused on helping communities prepare for and respond to weather and climate hazards. This interactive webinar introduces participants to seven best practices, numerous techniques, and examples for communicating about coastal hazards. Whether beginning a new effort or trying to keep people motivated to better prepare for future hazards, applying risk communication principles will lead to more effective results. Please note that this training focuses on improving risk communication skills for coastal hazards planning and preparedness, not crisis communication.
To host this course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Will Learn How To
- Apply seven risk communication best practices and techniques
- Use the fundamentals of behavior change to improve communication
- Adapt successful strategies from case studies of peers who have applied these best practices and techniques
- Internet and speakers
- Adobe Connect (connection and user instructions provided in advance)
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers one-and-a-half hours of continuing education credits for the American Institute of Certified Planners and one hour for Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.
- If you are unable to attend our live webinar, we also provide an on-demand version of Seven Best Practices for Risk Communication (Self-guided Module) that you can take anytime.
- Watch risk communication expert Dennis Mileti explain the biggest mistake in risk communication.