Using Economics to Inform Decisions
When you need to estimate the value of a project and incorporate economic data, you have various approaches to choose from. This self-guided module can help, as it provides information about benefit-cost analysis, economic impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, and more. Understanding these basics will help you identify the appropriate approach and the data needed.
You will learn how to
- Recognize and understand basic economic terminology
- Recognize relevant economic approaches and analyses
- Identify what approach to use based on project objectives, level of expertise, and funding
- Locate support tools and data
- Conceptualize appropriate questions to ask an economist or an expert