Estimating the Local Marine Economy: Telling Your Story
Many jobs in coastal communities depend on marine industries and resources, which can be difficult to categorize and describe. This course will help participants get comfortable with economic terms, identify local sources of data, and interpret these data to tell a more compelling story of their local marine economy.
You will learn how to
- Identify sources of employment statistics
- Identify marine industries for your community
- Obtain relevant data
- Organize the data
- Tell the story of your marine economy
- Part 1 (1-4 hour self-guided tutorial): Computer with internet access and Microsoft Excel
- Part 2 (1 day in-person training): Bring laptop with Internet access and Microsoft Excel
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers 6 hours of continuing education credits for the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) and 5 credit hours for Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) professional certifications.