This course is a starting point for coastal managers and planners preparing to design and implement green (natural) infrastructure projects to reduce natural coastal hazards in their communities.
The Office for Coastal Management also offers an instructor-led, onsite version of this course that is more in depth.
To host this virtual course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course consists of two parts:
Part 1: Self-Guided Online Module (1 hour)
- Participants learn foundational concepts before attending a virtual training.
Part 2: Live, Online Instructor-Led Training (2 hours)
- Participants interact with peers and experts to learn more about green infrastructure implementation, including overcoming challenges.
- Describe green infrastructure practices that can reduce hazard impacts and build community resilience
- Overcome common challenges associated with implementing green infrastructure
- Access experts, peers, resources, and future learning opportunities supporting green infrastructure
- Internet connection
- Headset, or speakers and a microphone
- Adobe Connect (access and user instructions provided in advance)
American Institute of Certified Planners – three hours
Association of Floodplain Managers – three hours